Sunday 26 December 2010

Back from East Africa - cool to be in the UK again

 Parliament Hill, Hampstead - Keir Apperley
Thursday 23rd December I arrived back in London from Uganda after an unexpected four day stop over in Ethiopia's capital Addis Ababa. This was due to Heathrow airport being snow bound and closed. I took advantage of the opportunity to have a look around the city, meeting some interesting people along the way. 
One activity I found in Addis' that I'd recommend to our Ugandan cyclists was the practice of hiring out cycles to learn to cycle on or just simply for the ride. This was being done within eye sight and local people, young and old, were enjoying the chance to have a go on a bike at a small cost. I noticed two locations to find this, one in front of the Russian Tiglachin Monument and the other in the Addis Ababa Football Stadium car park, both in the city centre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive